sofanti.com pop-up advertisement is a malicious webpage served to users that are infected with ad-supported software or browser extensions. This page is deceptive and should not be trusted.
The sofanti.com pop-up prompts a warning dialog claiming “Your Media player may be out of date. Please install update to continue.” The dialog should not be trusted and is simply there to scare and trick users into downloading the malware hosted on the website.
Advertisers use these methods because they have very high conversion rates. The average person has no idea they are being swindled into downloading MORE malicious software onto their computer.
If you are seeing sofanti.com pop-up advertisements, you should follow the instructions below to clean your PC of malware and protect your computer from infections in the future.
Additionally, you should never download anything from untrusted websites such as sofanti.com – if you need to download anything, do it from the manufacturer’s website.
Automatically remove sofanti.com pop-up malware
Download and install SpyHunter to detect and remove malicious files. This a a simple piece of software designed to locate and eliminate the source of the infection.
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking the downloaded file. Follow the on-screen instructions
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect threats
Manually remove sofanti.com pop-up malware from browsers
To disable and Remove sofanti.com pop-up malware from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, please follow the directions:
Remove sofanti.com pop-up malware for Mozilla Firefox
- On the menu bar, click on Tools menu and then click ‘Add-ons’ — the add-ons manager tab will now open.
- In the add-ons manager tab, select ‘Extensions or Appearance’
- Select any unknown add-on(s) you wish to disable
- Click ‘Remove’ button
- Click Restart now if the option is available.
Remove sofanti.com pop-up malware for Google Chrome
- Open the Chrome menu on the top right hand side of the browser.
- Click on Tools
- Click on Extensions
- Click on the trash can icon next to each extension
- Click Remove on the dialog
Remove sofanti.com pop-up malware for Internet Explorer
- Click the Tools button and click on Manage add-ons
- Under Show, click on All add-ons, and then do one of the following
- Click on Disable for each add-on