Ads by Desktop Weather Alerts popups malware is a commonly distributed potentially unwanted program (PUP). This program is from the same creators of Storm Alerts popups malware and Severe Weather Alerts. The software is designed to update users of any severe weather alerts in their area by grabbing information from NOAA’s National Weather Service Storm Prediction Center.
While this software may have some user added value, it is heavily ad-supported and is considered to be malware by many anti-virus softwares. Users that end up installing this software end up searching the internet for information on how to disable and remove ads by Desktop Weather Alerts popups.
Once installed, Desktop Weather Alerts will start showing advertisements to users in the form of popups after a certain period of time elapses. These popup ads are shown very frequently (every couple minutes) and users tend to be very confused about where they are coming from.
To remove ads by Desktop Weather Alerts popups malware and ensure your computer is totally safe from the infection and also from future inections, the following steps should be taken.
AUTOMATICALLY REMOVE ADS BY DESKTOP WEATHER ALERTS POPUPS MALWARE
Download and install SpyHunter to detect and remove malicious files. This a a simple piece of software designed to locate and eliminate the source of the infection.
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking the downloaded file. Follow the on-screen instructions
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect threats
MANUALLY REMOVE ADS BY DESKTOP WEATHER ALERTS POPUPS FROM YOUR PC
- Open the start menu, and open the control panel
- Click uninstall a program
- Find Desktop Weather Alerts from the list
- Right click and select Uninstall/remove
CLEAN YOUR SYSTEM WITH MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is powerful anti-malware technology that detects and removes all signs of malware including worms, trojans, rootkits, PUPs, spyware, and much more.
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware here and run the installer
- Follow the installation wizard to complete the setup process and click Finish
- On the first tab labelled Scanner select Perform quick scan and then click on the Scan button to scan, detect, and remove ads by Desktop Weather Alerts popups malware files
- Malwarebytes will now scan your computer for malicious files
- When the scan has finished, click on the Show results button
- The results will be displayed on the screen. Make sure everything is checked and hit the Removed Selected button
BACKUP YOUR COMPUTER
With computers used as widely as they are now, computer viruses are a very real threat and can mean the loss of everything dear to you such as family photos, personal documents or bank records. My PC Backup is one of the best tools to ensure you never become victim to a virus, computer crash or theft and are left with nothing from your online life.
With simple installation, automated backups and easy folder storage, backing up your computer with My PC Backup is the perfect solution for all user levels. The application sits on your PC or laptop and continuously backs up your computer so you can access your files from any other location making USBs and CDs a thing of the past.
This will backup all your files so you can easily revert your computer back to the past before the time of infection. This is a great precautionary measure and will ensure you never lose any sensitive important data.